- What is Plex?
- What is scrobbling?
- How to enable the Plex Scrobbler.
- Configure the Plex Scrobbler.
- Connect your other devices
What is Plex?
Plex brings together all the media that matters to you. Your personal collection will look beautiful alongside stellar streaming content. Enjoy Live TV & DVR, a growing catalog of great web shows, news, and podcasts. It’s finally possible to enjoy all the media you love in a single app, on any device, no matter where you are. Learn more and install from the Plex website.
What is scrobbling?
Scrobbling simply means automatically tracking what you’re watching. Instead of checking in from your phone of the website, this plugin runs in the background and automatically scrobbles back to Trakt while you enjoy watching your media.
How to enable the Plex Scrobbler.
The following steps will walk you through configuring Trakt and Plex to scrobble what you’re watching and rating.
1. Go to the Plex Scrobbler settings page.
Plex webhooks page.
3. Copy the URL (click the red box) from the Plex Scrobbler settings.
Trakt URL to use as you Plex webhook.
4. Back in Plex Media Server, click Add Webhook, paste in the URL, and click Save Changes.
Plex add webhook page.
5. Still in your Plex Media Server settings, we need to make sure a few notification options are enabled. Go to General, and make sure Push Notifications are enabled.
Go to Network, and make sure Webhooks are enabled.
Configure the Plex Scrobbler.
After enabling the Plex Scrobbler, review your settings and choose the specific actions you want to save to your Trakt profile. You most likely want to keep everything enabled, but it’s up to you.
Note: Plex Pass webhooks only allow us to get new data from Plex, we can’t send any data to Plex or sync your past history. If Plex ever allows 2 way sync, we’ll be sure to support it.
Connect your other devices
Connect as many media centers and apps with your Trakt account as you’d like to. Check out our apps listing for some of the most popular ones across all desktop and mobile platforms. It’s pretty awesome to have everything in sync between your media center, mobile devices, and the Trakt website!