Most media centers will also have streaming plugins or add-ons that will scrobble what you’re watching to Trakt. However, these are configured in your media center or app, and not on Trakt.
To connect and sync with Trakt, media center plugins, apps and add-ons use what we call device authentication. This is used to link your Trakt.tv account without needing to directly enter your username or password. This also allows you to sign in using your social account. You can also check out the Trakt community's app creations.
Here are the general steps to connect your media center, app or add-on:
- Create a new Trakt.tv account if you don't have one.
- Open the plugin, app or add-on settings and look for the authentication section. Instructions and an 8 digit code should be displayed.
- Visit https://trakt.tv/activate on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Enter the 8 digit code (PIN) displayed on your device. (If you're not signed in, it will ask you to do that first)
- Allow access to the media center plugin, app or add-on you're installing.
- Return to your media center, app or add-on and your Trakt.tv account is now connected!
Please reach out to the app, plugin or add-on developers directly if you have any questions about them.
No code displayed on your device?
Please make sure you've installed the latest version of your media center plugin, app or add-on. They might be using an old authentication method that isn't supported anymore. In that case, please reach out directly to the plugin, app or add-on developer to get more specific info.
Connecting more devices?
You can connect as many devices as you'd like. Each device requires a unique code. Please follow the above steps for each media center, app or add-on you want to connect.
What have I given permission to? How do I know which apps or add-ons are synced with my account?
Each app, add-on or media center that you've given permission is listed here and you can revoke permission as needed. This is a great option when troubleshooting sync issues - sometimes revoking authorization and re-authorizing fixes sync issues.
If you're having issues with a specific app or add-on or plugin, please contact them directly and send detailed steps to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to provide help or support for 3rd-party apps and add-ons and they handle all support directly.